We are thrilled to announce the launch of our newest The Global Immersion Project initiative called, Cultivate: An Everyday Peacemaking Intensive. These one-day events will be hosted at cities across the US and are our first Cultivate event is set for Seattle on April 24 in conjunction with the Parish Collective’s Inhabit Conference. These will be tailor made for individuals and communities seeking to build a framework for peacemaking that translate into tangible practices in their homes, neighborhoods, churches, cities and world.
WHY THESE EVENTS?
Peacemaking has been disintegrated from the Church’s understanding of God, His mission, and our vocation. As a result, we misunderstand who God is, what God has done, and what God is seeking to do here and now. So, rather than embracing peacemaking as central to God’s heart and critical to who we are as His family, we speak of it as an esoteric theory or a subjective feeling. Rather than embracing peacemaking as an everyday, costly way of life, we both contribute to and run from conflict while outsourcing the work of peace to others. Organizationally, we place peace and reconciliation in our values, but have no idea what it looks like nor how to lead, train, or disciple to it.
WHAT ARE THEY?
Cultivate Seattle is a one-day tailor-made intensive designed to practically shift peacemaking from esoteric theory and aspiring value to costly, embodied reality. Through a fusion of engaging content, dialogue-based learning, simple experiments, and communal reflection you will:
- --form a robust theology of peacemaking as the mission of God
- --learn how to cultivate the interior world of a peacemaker
- --awaken to the everyday spaces of peacemaking
- --develop practices that help you pay attention to what’s beautiful and broken within your everyday spaces
- --discover how to humbly and compassionately enter into the radical center of conflict
- --imagine costly, creative ways to contribute to the flourishing of the “other”
- --understand how to use resources and networks to reintegrate the hurting and the healing back into society
- --know how to mobilize a peacemaking movement by identifying, equipping, and mobilizing influencers
As the peacemaking movement gains momentum around the world, it is time that the US American Church invests her best attention and resources on this costly and strategic work and embraces her vocation as an instrument of peace.
08:30 am – 09:00 am :: Registration
09:00 am – 10:15 am :: Session 1 – Mission of God is Reconciliation
10:15 am – 10:30 am :: Break
10:30 am – 11:45 am :: Session 2 – Everyday Peacemaking Practices: SEE & IMMERSE
11:45 am – 01:15 pm :: Lunch (we will walk to nearby restaurants)
01:15 pm – 02:30 pm :: Session 3 – Everyday Peacemaking Practices: CONTEND & RESTORE
02:30 pm – 02:45 pm :: Break
02:45 pm – 04:00 pm :: Session 4 – Charting a Way Forward in Your Community
$49 PRE-SALE, $59 AT THE DOOR
Note: If you register in the next 48 hours (before 8am on Saturday, April 22), it’s only $39!
REGISTER HERE and please pass the word to an individuals, churches or communities in the Seattle area!